Friday, April 06, 2007

Re: [compilers_nitw] Announcing release of Pointer

he he gud one
carry on the war..
atleast when we are leaving there should be something like this so that leaving coll will not be a emotional turmoil...:D



ps:
saalon ab to sudhar jao

Arijit Sengupta <arijitseng@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Uma Shankar 'and friends'
 
I recall an earlier mail by so-called Gangadhar and friends (sorry to bring him into this) in which the same issue was raised. You will kindly take care to open that mail and read it again, and refresh your memory as to the reasons behind why I cannot inform in advance of the release of Pointer.
 
May I remind you again that not being my own master, I can inform you people only when CSEA confirms me of organization of its event and I get in touch with the Pointer team to decide the theme, content and number of pages and articles in the issue. I have not decided what to print, and we have an enormous paucity of articles submitted due to the short time we got, so any article that comes in will be printed. Sadly, none came even when I had been able to inform a week in advance (happenned last time)! Only 1 article (an original work) from the final year CSE (not the Pointer team members) has been finalised for print this time.
 
And let me finally asked you a couple of questions. Have you even read a copy of Pointer, let alone try to write an article for one? And don't tell me you actually intended to write an original article for Pointer - after all the entries I receive, including Gangadhar's last year (that which raised the same issue) do not expect me to believe this. If there could be no original articles submitted in a week's time, I do not expect any this time, two days or twenty!
 
You are right, the trend is NOT being carried out in our juniors. They do not care to inform the class of the release of Pointer and invitation for articles; only their close friends and CSEA members are even aware; the few articles by non-Pointer team members are mostly just requests on a personal level. I must be the sole stupid person in the Pointer team to think, year after year, that my class can contribute anything at all to the department magazine, except this form of bullshit, esp. after my clarification reply to last year's mail. If my words sound strong, it is meant to, it is because I am bitter, and I must choose to classify your mail as nothing but the rantings of a desperate loser.
 
Apologies for giving just two days notice. If there was no need to send this mail as you state, sorry for this form of spam; this being the last Pointer release, I cannot even say "next time"... Just delete the mail and get over with it...
 
Regretfully,
Arijit Sengupta
One more thing, the mail was delayed by almost the night, because the community is moderated. I am not blaming the owner or the moderator (hard times - flirga - call for hard measures) but you will have to take this into account. Also, I believe I had mentioned in my earlier mail, that you can send in articles anytime and they will be considered for print in the next issue of Pointer. Memory malfunction? Or just an attack of publicity syndrome?
 
This is the second time I have been in the line of fire, at least, this time around, the accuser has taken pains to identify himself. Thanks a lot, Uma and friends, though you publicly sent a flame that could have been done without involving the class, at least I do not have to reply to a nameless entity...
 
Copy to: Compilers_NITW
----- Original Message ----
From: shankar appani <usa_962001@yahoo.co.in>
To: compilers_nitw@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, April 5, 2007 2:14:16 AM
Subject: Re: [compilers_nitw] Announcing release of Pointer

Why should he always send this sort of mail one or two days before when he decided to print what others have given to him.
This kind of thing happened last year, again same kind of stuff is going on.
There is no need to send this kind of mail when he already decided what to print and only just one day before.
May be he should think again what he is doing at all times when responsibility is given to him?

Try to stop this kind of behavior with him only, dont cascade it to your juniors.

Regards,
Uma Shankar A & Others

Arijit Sengupta <arijitseng@yahoo. com> wrote:
Hi Everyone,
 
This is to inform everyone that the Valedictory issue of Pointer for the academic year will be released on Thursday, April 5, '07 at the CSEA Valedictory function. If you wish to send in articles, please mail them to arijitseng@yahoo. com by Wednesday, for consideration in the said edition of Pointer. Articles must be original, informative, interesting and relevant to the field of Computer Science and Engineering.
 
Thanking you
 
Arijit Sengupta
Editorial Board
'Pointer'


Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.


Here¢s a new way to find what you're looking for - Yahoo! Answers



It's here! Your new message!
Get new email alerts with the free Yahoo! Toolbar.


Here's a new way to find what you're looking for - Yahoo! Answers

__._,_.___
SPONSORED LINKS
Best Mascot

Original or Cool

Play the Bix.com

faceoff to see!

Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Yahoo! Mail

You're invited!

Try the all-new

Yahoo! Mail Beta

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment